Due to busier schedules and a weaker economy, clients are stretching out the time between appointments. These specially designed pre-book cards are specifically engineered to maximize the return rate and frequency of your client's visits.
If you booked 400 clients every 8 weeks and they spent about $50 per visit, you would make $120,000 a year. But if you pre-booked them to come in every 5 weeks, you would increase your income to $200,000 a year. That’s a whopping $80,000 difference! In a down economy, there’s nothing more important than pre-booking your clients. Do you want to know how to maximize the return rate and frequency of your clients? Reward your clients for getting back into your chair before they even leave it.
Here’s how you do it:
- Schedule a team meeting to share statistics about why pre-booking is so important and how it can positively affect your stylists’ income.
- Determine the number of pre-book cards you will need. Generally figure about 50 for each team member to get started.
- Determine the gift you will be providing to the clients when they bring the cards back to the salon. Make sure it’s a gift that will build your business, such as a retail product, a complimentary add-on service or dollars off their next service. Consider changing it up every few months. Once services are rendered or retail is purchased, punch the card for your client.
- Have team members fill out their own cards with their names and the reward your salon has decided upon.
- Make sure to place your pre-book cards on each station and also at the front desk.
- Monitor the results and be sure to re-order your pre-book cards often. They will prove to be one of the single biggest drivers of the development of your successful salon!